An advocate is someone who:
- Works for you! – They will listen to what you have to say and help you tell other adults your views and wishes.
- Will meet with you and talk about anything you want to start, stop, or change about your life.
- Will help you in meetings or will go in your place to share your views, wishes and feelings with other adults at the meeting.
- Can help you to make a complaint if you are unhappy with Children’s Services.
- Will be led by you! – They won’t do anything you’re not happy with.
- Will speak to you in private, in a place you feel comfortable.
- Will be clear about who your information will be shared with.
- Help you to know your rights.