Guidance (support and information about how to use the policy or to find out what we do)
- SEND Information Advice and Support Booklet 2017
- My Important Stuff – A place for you to add and save information about the people and support that is important to you without having to use the internet.
- Guidance note: Best interests decision making, deprivation of liberty and using the Court of Protection clarifies Somerset County Council expectations of best interests decision-making processes led by its staff and the appropriate use of the Court of Protection as a decision-maker of last resort for young people aged 16 and over.
- Somerset’s Graduated Response Tool – Makes it clear ‘what to expect’ in terms of what is provided by educational settings, and are written for parents, children and young people, school staff and those who provide services to families.
- Local Offer Accessibility Plan – Outlines Somerset’s approach in ensuring accessibility of the Local Offer for all. This is currently under review and is due for publication December 2021.
- Somerset’s Accessibility Strategy and Schools Access Initiative – Provides funding to a mainstream school to improve its accessibility for a specified individual disabled pupil. This is where the costs are high and it is clear the costs cannot be met any other way.
- Hospital Passport – A way to record and show important information to ensure medical staff can access the information they need quickly.
- The Somerset Sensory Processing Handbook has been co-produced to raise awareness on sensory processing and provides information in how to support children and young people (CYP) who experience difficulties with sensory processing. You can find the handbook here.