Choosing your next school and college is very important and you should explore all the options that are available to you to see what is best suited to your needs.
You may know that you are expected to stay in education until you are 18, but this doesn’t have to be at school or college. If you don’t think college is the right choice for you, there are many options for you to choose, such as traineeships, apprenticeships and supported internships with different providers.
Imagine the possibilities has resources to support careers education and transition for families and young people moving onto Post 16 options with SEND. These include:
- a families guide
- skills maps
- linking careers to curriculum
- activities including lesson plans
- aspirational videos promoting Supported Employment.
You can also keep up to date with details of the latest events and information on Careers Related events in Somerset
- Over 16 student transport
- Apprenticeships – Get in Go Far
- Applying for school transport
- Transport to school and college contact.org.uk
- SENDIAS – Somerset SENDIAS is an information and support service for children and young people and their parent carers
- Disabled Student Allowance – You can apply for this if you live in England and have a disability which affects your ability to study. This may include learning disabilities or a mental health condition.
- Student Finance – You may be able to borrow money to help pay for university or college fees and to help with living costs.
- Distance Learning – If you would like to develop your skills and gain new qualifications but are not able to attend college, a distance learning course could be for you.