Higher education describes post-18 learning that takes place at universities and other colleges and institutions that award academic degrees, professional qualifications and Continuing Professional Development modules.

Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA)

A higher education student living in England can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance if they have a:

  • disability
  • long-term health condition
  • mental health condition
  • specific learning difficulty like dyslexia

You can find more information about Disabled Students Allowances here.

Last reviewed:November 17, 2022 byGemma

Next review due:May 17, 2023

Back to top