It’s important to make sure that you get all the help that you’re entitled to. These pages give you information on benefits you may be entitled to. If you are on a low income, have an illness or disability, unemployed or are a carer, you may be entitled to claim for extra money from the Department for Work and Pensions to help you with your living costs.

These could include:

  • Universal Credit
  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Carers Allowance
  • Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
  • Child Tax Credit

It can be hard to know what you are entitled to so a good place to start would be to use a benefits calculator. You can find out what you might be able to claim for on the websites below.

You may also want to talk to one of the independent organisations that can give you advice about benefits.

Last reviewed:July 11, 2022 byJennifer

Next review due:January 11, 2023

Back to top