The Educational Psychology Service is running training for all schools and their communities this academic year (2022-23).
What is it?
This free two-hour training session will explain what ADHD is and isn’t, explore differences (neurodiversity), and offer practical guidance to support children and young people with ADHD.
Who is it for?
The training is for:
- SENCos and teaching staff
- Parent carers (of children and young people with either a diagnosis of ADHD or accepted on to the pathway for an assessment).
- Parent and Family Support Advisors (PFSAs)
- Family Intervention Service (FIS) Workers
- School Nurses
- Professionals who support children and young people with ADHD.
The training will be delivered by Educational Psychologists and Assistant Educational Psychologists.
When is it taking place?
Wednesdays from 2nd November – 19th July.
- Morning sessions (10am -12pm) will be every other Wednesday from 16th November.
- Afternoon sessions (1.30pm – 3.30pm) will be every other Wednesday from 9th November.
How do I book?
Training sessions will be run virtually, through Microsoft Teams.
We are asking SENCos and/or Head Teachers to help compile lists of attendees by talking with the following members of their school community:
- Teaching staff who would like to attend, particularly those who are working with children with a diagnosis of ADHD and/or have an interest in finding out more.
- Parent carers of children with a diagnosis of ADHD or with a child accepted onto the pathway for assessment.
- Parent and Family Support Advisors Family Intervention Service Workers
- School nurses
- Other professionals working with your setting to support CYP with ADHD.
Please send the complete a list of attendees, including the date of the training you wish to attend, to: AutismADHDPreassessmentPathway@somerset.gov.uk
I am a parent carer – what do I need to do?
Parent carers interested in attending should speak to their school first to make sure they are able to attend the training and for support with registration.
I have a question about the training – who do I speak to?
Please email your questions to: AutismADHDPreassessmentPathway@somerset.gov.uk